Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dip Station DIY

I'm just taking a guess at this one, but I think a metal walker would work just as good as a dip station for exercises like diagonal knee raises or 3 point abs, not sure if the bars would mess up reverse push ups? Still, this walker is less than $50, compared to the Ultimate Press which is $100. I think I'm going to check out the local thrift store to see what I can find. :) Although I do think the Equalizer things look good and versatile, so I'd consider that before the Ultimate Body Press.


You can also use two chairs, but that hurts my hands if I don't wear exercise gloves. I also sometimes use some central Vac tubes in my basement, lol

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar shaped zimmer frame (The UK term)but without the wheels. The horizontal bars don't mess up reverse push ups at all. I just turn it so the bars are at the leg end - your legs are never going as high as the upper body. what does cause me problems are the bars right under the grips - they knock off the inside of my wrist. I kept the foam that the zimmer was wrapped in when it was delivered, wrapped the bars in that and it's been fine. another caveat is the plastic grip hurts the palm and gets slippy with sweat, so wear weight lifting gloves or wrap the grips too. other than that, my zimmer cost me 20 quid and it's been a fantastic addition to my home gym

    ReplyDelete