Monday, March 19, 2012

A Delicious and Healthy Salad

Here's a delicioso salad that I got from a dear neighbor Sue many moons ago

(I stole this picture from The Fresh Plate blog cause I didn't have a picture of mine and this one is about the same.)

2/3 or 1/3 cup canola oil (pending how healthy you're trying to be, I usually go 1/3)
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. cilantro
1/8 c. lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp. salt

That was the recipe Sue passed on to me after a lunch where I was in awe at how good this was. I do the salad different everytime, but here's a list of the things I add:

black beans
kidney beans
pinto beans
tomatoes
sweet corn (frozen kind from Costco tastes best I think)
hominy
red or yellow peppers
green peppers
yellow onions
red onion
green onion
avocado
etc... just experiment, it always turns out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment