Saturday, March 24, 2012

Deadlifts and Dive Bomberes Make Me Sore!

So I'm posting some workouts for my friends here who are just starting to get in shape - they don't have weight to loose (from what I can tell) but are wanting to get strong. So the workouts I've been posting are made with them in mind. For myself, I sometimes do those workouts, sometimes do ones that are a little harder. I do have 20 lbs to lose, but am also feeling happy and strong, grateful to be where I'm at in my fitness right now.

That said, I wanted to really push and get a lower body workout this week that would make me sore, and got it doing Romanian Deadlifts with two 30 lbs. dumbbells. This was an exercise I was able to do when I was pregnant. I really like deadlifts. And it worked, I did these on Thursday and was sore Friday. So Friday I was thinking I wanted to even things up with my upper body, so I did .... DIVE BOMBERS. 40 of them to be exact. I started out wanting to do as many as I could in 10 minutes via Zuzana, but only made it 4 mintues in and needed to switch it up cause i was dead. Didn't take 24 hours to feel those. I did them around 7:30 a.m. and was sore at lunch. Still have a little bit of it today, love it!

Here were the workouts I did Thursday and Friday:

Deadlift Fusion
gymboss 10/50
1) flying lunge
2) deadlift for 2 min (two 30 lb dumbbells)
3) side to side with leg side lift alt
4) deadlift for 2 min again
5) wheel
6) walking push up
7) reverse pull up 2 minutes
8) 3 point abs
9) side to side w/leg side lift alt
10) superman pulse
11) jumpy frog
12) superman swimmer
13) dumbbell swings w/30 lb
14) wheel - held for 1:11!
= workout took me 20 minutes. I didn't plan it really except for the deadlifts.

Friday Mountain Climber 400 Fusion -
did 40 mountain climbers after each of the following exercises:
40 dive bombers - did first 10 on toes, rest on knees
40 plank jacks
40 shoulder press w/two 12 lb dmbls
40 laying tricep extensions
40 reverse push ups
= took me 17:58

So I did planks today to get in my 3 days of planks this week, but didn't do the ZWOW since I blasted my legs and don't think they'd handle the reptile burpees very well, but Corey's still working at his computer, it will be midnight in 10 minutes, I guess that gives me enough time... Ok, I'll do it, be right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment