Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2 Minute Planks

Did some planks yesterday, finished them off today - yesterday, get this, I held a side plank on each side for TWO minutes!  The most I've done before was 90 seconds, so I was super proud of that.  Then yesterday after I did the mountain climbers too I figured that was good and I'd finish the planks today, so today I did a 2 minute center plank and 2 minute table, then did one more circuit of 1 minute of each plank to finish off the 12 minutes total.  

I also did a little cardio circuit today - this 2 minute circuit 5 times:
  • 1 minute march or dance in place
  • 30 jump lunges, then finish off the minute marching again
The 30 lump lunges was killer.  I could do 15-20 okay, then the last 15-10 my legs were burning.  But that seems to be a good home version of what Jon Bailor would consider an eccentric cardio workout since I have to stop after 30 seconds (Smarter Exercise FAQ #6).  I hope to get an exercise bike sometime though.

No comments:

Post a Comment