Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Upper Body Eccentric Workout

This morning I did an eccentric upperbody workout (as taught in the book Smarter Science of Slim) -

I did 4 muscle groups - 6 reps of each exercise:

Chest - Push Ups: go down and hold for 10 seconds, up, then down again hold for 10 seconds, etc - repeat the hold 6 times, takes about 1:20.  I was able to do the first 2 reps on my toes, the rest on my knees.

Shoulders - Did a one arm press - took a 30 lb dumbbell and raised it with both hands, then slowly lowered it for 10 seconds with just the left arm, repeat 6x, then did the right arm.

Bicep Curls - held two 20lb dumbbells and did a curl up, slowly lowered it down for 10 seconds, repeat 6x.

Tricep Extensions - held two 15lb dumbbells as I layed down on a mat, extended out, then lowered to 90 degrees and held for 10 seconds, repeat 6x.

Then tonight I also did a wheel for 55 seconds, really was pushing myself, and then I did 12 minutes of planks in 2 rotations of 1:30 for each of the 4 plank holds, so 2 rounds were 6 minutes each, stretched after the first round

~ Update ~ it's the next day and I can definitely feel that workout, my arms are evenly sore all over.  Amazing what a short workout will do - that upper body workout was less than 10 minutes.  It really doesn't take a lot of time to exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment