Friday, July 12, 2013

Delivery Day Planks

Here's a brief overview of my delviery- I took one last picture of my pregnant self an hour before heading to the hospital ~ and then at the hospital for the waiting game.  I got an epidural early before I hardly even felt the contractions.  It took me from 10 a.m. to 5 to dialate.  At 5:00 I was at a 10, they called the Dr. to come, and then 2 pushes and she was out.
Our baby girl was born at 5:14 p.m. ~ 6 lbs 13 oz.



Here's the family meeting the new addition
That night after I got enough movement in my legs I did my 12 minutes of planks as planned.  :)  It was a little hard on the slippery floor, but it felt good and I was able to go lower on the center plank now that my tummy  is empty. Side planks felt harder to do, but I was still able to go up on my hand on each side for 30 seconds.  When they came in to do my vitals throughout my stay they always said my uterus was nice and firm, I think it was thanks to planks.

The next day I did a quick 10 minute exercise in my room - 30 seconds of 180 jump squats followed by 1:30 marching in place with high knees.  I did that 5 times.  I haven't done my 400 lunges yet but am going to do that tonight or tomorrow, plus going to do 12 minutes of planks again.  Then I'll make my plan of attack this weekend and start exercising every day next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment