Monday, July 22, 2013

3 Miles

I'm totally sore from the deadlifts on Saturday.  And not just my hamstrings but my shoulders are too, which hasn't ever happened before.  I guess just from holding those two 30 pounders.  

For today I thought I'd try to just to a jog/walk to try to loosen myself up.  Joseph went with me.  He was doing "high knees" as we started out cause I was just so slow, he had to do something to up the intensity apparently.  (I guess he's even more competitive than I am...)  He was nice to kinda slow down for me.  But on the last bit of the run which is uphill, I told him to go ahead and run if he wanted to.  I thought he'd wait for me where we started, either at the corner or at the church.  He wasn't at the corner.  I went back up to the church, he wasn't there either.  So I went back to the corner and headed home.  Sure enough, he was home.  So much for going running "together!"  I waited to do it at the end of the day cause he didn't want to do it in the morning (I just have to go when the sun is down or before it's up.)  But next time I think I'll just go on my own since we kinda did it on our own anyway.  Atleast until I'm able to keep up with him.  But maybe that opportunity is gone now that he's a young man.  He's a speed demon.  

12 mins of planks tomorrow and lots of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment