Saturday, August 4, 2012

Diet Tips

I'd say the #1 key to keeping diet on track is ENVIRONMENT! You've got to create the right environment in your home/office if you want to lose weight (which is why I took a small sample of the delicious chocolate brownies at Costco today but did not buy the container dozens of them, or I would have eaten them all). In my own words, here's great advice from Dr. Phil's book The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution

It's not about motivation or will power - you've got to create the right environment for yourself or you will not succeed. Make a Plan! Dr. Phil gives this example in his book: Imagine if you were traveling on a plane and the pilot suddenly passed out and YOU were the one who had to land the plane safely or you and everyone would die. You would be HIGHLY motivated and have a lot of will to want to land that plane, right? Yes. But without the proper skills and knowledge, that "will power" isn't going to get you there and you are going to crash and burn.

Same thing with diet.

You've got to have the skills and knowledge to succeed. One of those keys is ENVIRONMENT. You've got to have the right environment at home. Buy vegetables and buy fruit, buy healthy food and DON'T BUY THE JUNK food or things that you know you crave or are a weakness for you. I can resist the foods on the grocery shelf when I'm shopping much more than I can if it's in my pantry, so don't put it in your pantry!
Which brings us to tip #2 - Earlier this year while watching Biggest Loser (the kids and I kinda like that show) the nutritionist took them to the grocery store and told them all this:

When you go shopping, pretend your cart is your stomach. You want to fill it up first with fresh produce, your veggies and fruit, so put those in your cart first, then your proteins and healthy oils, and last the carbs.

...or pretend your basket is your stomach - if you're not feeding a big family like me :)

That tip has totally helped me to stay on target when I go grocery shopping so I don't make things harder for myself here at home. Fill it with the produce first! Before I'd wait till the end to do that cause I don't want to squish the tomatoes or grapes, but that let me to overloading on unnecessary stuff - better to get the essential veggies and fruit first and really load up on them.


Let's get that fat off. And remember, it's possible to get there with Z's intense 10-15 minute workouts, because Abs are 70% diet, 30% Exercise (or gym or whatever you do to keep your heart healthy):

I'm back to my pre-baby body (baby #8 thank you! No excuses for you mothers!) but I still need to get down to my all time most fit ever, still have 5-8 lbs to go to reach that goal and I'm going to go get it, this is my year!

No comments:

Post a Comment