Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Breaking Free

Nicole and I are making our plan of attack, I love that girl, she helps me soo much.
OK!  So, she shared this video with me - 40 minutes long, but good stuff!



Part of our plan comes from the above video at 24:20 - 30:20

Breaking Free:
  1. Start with a healthy breakfast (fiber!!!)
  2. Use foods to hold blood sugar steady (beans, greens, lentils)
  3. Dieters: Use the Rule of 10 (your ideal weight x 10 = the calories you must eat to keep your metabolism going)
  4. Break craving cycles (focus on the time of day or of the month that is hard for you, low fat foods help you not have ups and downs of estrogen and cravings)
  5. Have regular exercise and rest (you need to exercise or when you go to bed your body won't be tired which will lead you to not sleep well since adult's brains are usually still wired when they go to bed)
  6. Use social support (You and me, Nicole!  Anyone else out there?)
  7. Take advantage of other motivators
This week I'm focusing on diet and stretching, and I'm going to revisit parts of Marilu Henner's Total Health Makeover.  Great book, you can get it for 1 cent!  Woo!  Restrictive I guess, but also makes life easier, and since that's what I need right now, I shall find hope in the power of limited choices!  Fruit for breakfast, I got apples and kiwi, I'm set for the whole week, sweet (although I think Mel might have fed most of my pink lady apples to the guinea pigs, that naughty girl... I guess I'll find out in the morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment