Friday, May 4, 2012

Stretching

So I did ZWOW #14 on Tuesday and I'm still sore from it.  My quads/thighs.  Man, I was able to do the whole thing without too much struggle, felt like the same good workout as usual, but those jump lunges with weights must have done me in.  I might have used too much weight - I was holding two 15 lb. dumbbells.  Zuzka didn't say what she was using, or if she did I didn't catch it.  All I heard her say was for men to pick up 30 lbs, so I figured "Ok, if that is two 30 lb dumbbells, then I'll do two 15 lbs." and looking at Z's, they looked like 10, 12, or 15 lb. dumbbells, I don't know, maybe it was just 10 and I was doing the man-workout, thus why I still can't walk without pain.  But I've been doing my May challenge stretching and that's been great- it feels good, and doing those 4 stretches in the video above (see the video in the "This Month's Challenge" tab) makes me want to keep extending and breathing, I want to do a full camel by next year.  Do you think that is possible?  How long does it take a person to get to that flexibility point of a 10 if they are starting at, say, I'm guessing I'm a 4 right now, maybe a 5?  I can hold a wheel pose for 1 minute, does that make me a 5?


I shall research it.  And I've been eating well, I think that stretching gets me in tune with my body and feels kind of like a workout, same effect, so it's been allright.  Going to do ZWOW 15 or 16 tomorrow I hope.  Might just go on a run with Corey.  We'll see.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment