Friday, April 13, 2012

Body for LIFE Cardio

Went running on a treadmill today (Thanks Stacy!) It's been a while since I've been on a treadmill. I've been looking for one on KSL, will probably get one sometime this year. For me it's a good way to check my stamina. Right not my stamina isn't so impressive, but it was good to take a test. I was able to run at a 10 mph a few times, like 20 seconds. I was trying to do a Body-for-LIFE Cardio run, but just kinda did 2 miles of sprint - stop - sprint - stop - repeat for 20 minutes. Glad I was able to do 2 miles in 20 minutes, and I was sweating and panting, so I think it was good.

Body-for-LIFE's style of cardio for running on a treadmill, stairclimber, or stationary bike is as follows: says to do a 2 minute warm up, then take it up for 4 four minute high point intervals (so 16 minutes) then a 2 minute cool down.

A 20 minute interval run on a treadmill would look like this:

2 min warm up, then
  • 1 minute run at a 6
  • 1 minute run at a 7
  • 1 minute run at a 8
  • 1 minute run at a 9
(repeat that 3 more times)
2 minute cool down

I've gone back to Body-for-LIFE workouts for this week (If you couldn't tell, I need a lot of variety in my workouts)

No comments:

Post a Comment