Wednesday, January 30, 2013

16.3 - Lower Body

I gotta keep my workouts simple right now - if I can mentally think it won't be that hard, then I can usually trick myself into starting, and once I start I'll finish.  So here's my workout today

Repeat 6 rounds of the following - 
  • 20 Romanian Deadlifts w/60 lbs (two 30 lb dumbbells)
  • 50 Walking Lunges
For my first set of lunges I didn't use weight, next set I held a 15 lb dumbbell, 3rd set 30 lbs, then repeated that.  My times were:
1st round - 2:45 (no weight)
2nd - 3:19 (15 lbs)
3rd - 3:27 (30 lbs)
4th - 2:39 (none)
5th - 3:11 (15)
6th - 3:44 (30)

This was the 2nd workout in a row (since being run over by morning sickness and the flu in December) that I was panting and red faced and sweating!  Good job me!  The 1st time was my workout on Monday, so doing better this week workout wise.  Helps that my 9 year old son is my accountability partner and that he has a limited window in his schedule to fit me in.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment