Tuesday, February 5, 2013

17.2 - Killer 500

17 weeks yesterday.  Yesterday I did a 3 minute center plank and 3 minute yoga table, then I got interrupted and never made it back.  Make it up today with a good Killer workout.

10 Exercises, 50 reps each - for time - video here (11 exercises in the video, but I skipped #8 the Star Crunches)
  1. Backward Lunge Kick Up (25x each leg)
  2. Walk Over Push Ups (50 reps)
  3. Mountain Climber (50 reps)
  4. Sumo Squats Knee Up (50 reps alternating)
  5. One Leg Bridge Leg Lift (25x each leg)
  6. Side to Side Squat Leg Lift (50 reps alternating)
  7. One Arm Side Push Up (25 each side)
  8. Diagonal Touch Down (25x each side)
  9. Side Plank Lifts (25x each side)
  10. One Leg Wall Sit (25x each leg)
My time was 22:02.  I did 20 push ups on my toes, the other 30 on my knees.  Push ups are killing my arms right now, I should do them more to get stronger at them.  Maybe I could have a goal to do 100 push ups on my toes by July when I deliver?  :) Side Plank lifts were pretty brutal too. Gotta work on my arms and wrists.

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally doing this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty brutal. The push ups were doozies after the first 15, but you just take a quick breather and go another 5, breathe, 5, wheeze....etc. :) My time was 19:57. I think I remember doing something like this before, and my exercise log has something hinting at it, but I didn't write down all the exercises, just the total time. :S So beating that time, whether it was the same routine or not, was my goal, and I did it. But WHEW! Killer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing awesome Patrice. I did a killer 400 and my time was 38 minutes something. To quote Studio C, "I hate it, but I love it!"

    ReplyDelete