Monday, January 28, 2013

16.1 - TWOD #1

16 weeks today  - hope time keeps marching on.  I want this horrible winter to end pronto.

Trice, great post, thanks.  Last week was off for me, but it's not motivation I was lacking, it was the plan to get there.  As Dr. Phil says (but in my own words) ~ it's not about motivation or will power - you've got to create the right environment for yourself or you will not succeed. Make a Plan! Dr. Phil gives this example in his book: Imagine if you were traveling on a plane and the pilot suddenly passed out and YOU were the one who had to land the plane safely or you and everyone would die. You would be HIGHLY motivated and have a lot of will to want to land that plane, right? Yes. But without the proper skills and knowledge, that "will power" isn't going to get you there and you are going to crash and burn.

So last night, with the book "A House United" and a notebook in hand, we had a great family meeting yesterday, our 1st of many that we are now going to have on Sundays to discuss our family vision, and it was so great.  I talked about some fun things I want to do, the kids all got excited and had tons of ideas too, we were writing them down, then Ethan said (and this was an epiphany Mel had shared with me the week before) that we always plan out these things and he gets excited, then we never do them.  My reply - "I know, that's cause it takes all my energy just trying to keep up with the dishes and feed you guys.  We need your help.  These fun things won't happen without you guys working hard and contributing."  We all have the same vision, we just need our plan to get there.  So after finally getting the kids to calm down from their excitement for what is in store, we made a basic family plan, then I took each of them individually and we made their personal schedule, cause they all have different school schedules and time needed for their goals.  Anyway, it was great.  And since Hyrum is my homeschool helper (and cause he doesn't have PE), his 3rd goal this week is "Exercise with Mom" at we planned it for 8:30 am after the other kids are off to the bus, so we just finished and it was great.  Here is my first TWOD!  haha. 

8 minute warm up dancing with my kids to Human by the awesome Killers, then 5 rounds of:
  • 100 mountain climbers
  • 50 lunges
  • 20 push ups ON TOES!  I did all of them on toes!!
Did the workout to Spaceman and Joyride, then when I was done did a cool down with another repeat of Human.  I love Day and Age.  Love all the Killers albums.  I didn't time my first round, but mt other rounds were (not counting my brief time out between each round to catch my breath)
2nd - 4:56
3rd - 3:53
4th - 4:36
5th - 4:17
It's gonna be a great day!  Just do it.

1 comment:

  1. Took me a minute to get what TWOD was. :) Great job with the family meeting. I hope you all keep the enthusiasm and the vision.

    ReplyDelete