Saturday, June 30, 2012

Two Apples A Day

Marilu Henner's "Total Health Makeover" book was the first book that taught me how to take care of myself, that was back in 2003.  You can browse some chapters of it here.  On her diet chapters, she talks about food combining, which wasn't a big deal for me to do, but seems uber strict to some.  (No turkey sandwiches or spaghetti and meatballs? No steak and potatoes?  WHAT?!?)  So, I was a faithful food combiner for 2 years, but stopped when I was pregnant with kid #5.  I go back to it now and then though.

I really like her suggestion to eat a cleansing meal of fruit in the mornings.  This past week, I've been having one of my meals be 2 Pink Lady Apples (aka Cripps pink) - they are such sweet and tangy and sweetly delicious apples ~ and I've been amazed this week and how un-clogged up I feel, digestively speaking.  I think it might really be true the little cliche - "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"



... and I'll add two a day is the key to optimum health!  

No comments:

Post a Comment