Monday, August 7, 2023

Aug 7 - 12

Monday - Didn't make it out this morning. I was waiting on Corey, as in I've been on Florence Nightingale duty. He's been sick since Saturday morning, when we missed that last opportunity to go on a ride at Park City as well. Tonight he took at at home COVID test, and it was positive. 

Tuesday - I knew it was just me, so I left this morning, yay, did the Quarry trail to ruins and back. 11.6 miles, 1 hour 40 min, I did ALL the sections after Lisa falls! It's the first time I've gotten up that first section of rocks this year, and also the first time I made it over the pipe at the end ever. PR from the 2nd bridge to the top 23:49, 2nd fastest time for 3rd bridge to top 15:16. PR on Pow plant down - 2:10. I can barely do one pull up, blah. I hope to start climbing again next week when school starts again.

Wednesday - Did an at home workout this morning, in the basement! I haven't worked out down there for forever. Did 5 min of toy soldier and stretching, then did Melissa Ioja fit test. I can't do up knee hugs but I tried, aka layed on my back as I did them. My scores Today/2023 in bold after my scores from summer 2018 5 years ago
Push ups - 18 toes, 10 knees - 29 all on toes!
Jump Squats - 38 - 36
4x4s (four high knees and four alt inside toe touches = 1) - 12 - 14
Feet up then knee hugs (these were awkward for me) - 5 - 10
lay down and knee drive - 18 - 20
Jump Lunges - 34 - 36
Burpees w/o push up - 11 - 9 with pushup (hate those!)
Forward touchdown backward touchdown - 14 - 17
Elbow ups - 19 - 14 (these were awkward) 
Box jumps - 10 - 13 (up to the second step on the stairs

Thursday - Corey felt well enough this morning to go on a ride, yay, so we did to the ruins and techy section, our usual. 11.24 miles, we took it easy, 1 hour 42 min, to achievements today other than getting out the door. Good enough for me. Also, my legs are solidly sore from yesterday! That surprised me, but I guess it goes to show that different exercises use different muscles, even if they are both leg (biking vs. jump lunges and squats)

Friday - morning walk, 2.8 miles, 44 minutes. Did a headstand at Sunrise point. :) Although I'm still stiff and sore from the fit test. I need to do better at stretching.
Saturday - It rained last night, so we didn't go to corner canyon (mud is a little more sticky there) and did a late morning ride up the Quarry Trail (left at 8:30) - 11.26 miles, 1 hour 39 min, no achievements

No comments:

Post a Comment