Monday, August 21, 2023

Aug 21 - 26

Monday - Well, Corey's been telling me for a while that he thinks I ride my tires too low. Today I got a pinch flat when I went  down the rocks and then straight down over the pipe on the 3rd bridge (not from trail or at an angle) and I must have gotten a flat there after that, cause then it sounded and felt weird and I promptly crashed hard. I didn't shred my skin except for on my right knee, hooray for my good pants for saving me. I would have gotten SO torn up if I was in shorts or a short sleeved shirt! I will NEVER not wear long pants and long sleeve shirts biking. I got some holes in them, ripped both of my shoes, and it HURT. Mostly banged up on my right side. Corey didn't see me fall, just saw me in a pile. He hurried back to the car and I walked back up to the third bridge where I was able to get to the road, and waited for him to come get me (we had parked at the trailhead to try and get home in time to see the kids for the first day of school - but since I crashed we missed the kids leaving, Mel took a pic for me though). Ride stats: 4.43 miles, 1142 elevation gain, 59 minutes total. Silver for Techy section 4:10, and silver for Up Mile 3 at 14:35 (PR on that this past Friday with Nathan and Corey was 13:33) 3rd fastest time from temple quarry to mushroom land 37:42. Also says I got 3rd fastest time for Rocky Tech alt downhill route, but we didn't take that, so that's weird. Anyway, I am officially sad and shaken and have just been laying on my bed. My fear says to stop going down the quarry trail and just go to Corner Canyon and do Ghost Falls. Oh my right shoulder hurts bad too, like I feel like I got in a car accident. Mel put some deep blue on it and her barely rubbing it hurt pretty bad, I need a massage. 

Tuesday - Feeling like a wimp this morning, just did fishtail. 5.72 miles, 24:52. I didn't stay on the road, I did the dirt trail after the approach hill (road would have made my time faster) Total fishtail time was 17:42, which was a 2nd place, PR was on 7/27/23 at 16:42. Wasatch blvd to LCC roac was 10:38, also a silver. PR 9:53 pm 7/27/23. 3rd place for the approach hill at 4:54. PR was 7/1/23 at 4:50. Today was 2:17 for red church to wasatch, which wasn't a record for anything but just a segment where I know basically where it starts and ends. Wes, Abi and I did the fit test tonight. I did ok considering my injuries, but my hand is bruised and my shoulder got hurt and my knees, so I didn't beat many of my scores last week, but I tied a few. Last weeks scores on top, today's on bottom
Wednesday - Back in the saddle again after my fall on Monday. We went to the ruins and did techy on the way back, but we just took it easy the whole time, so no achievements. 11.25 miles, 1 hour 36 minutes. 

Thursday - Last night I heard Mel and Wes talking about going on a jog in the morning, and we were able to cut them off at the pass and make them go biking with us instead!
It took Mel a bit to know how to shift down to an easier pedaling pace, so she got tired quick and Corey stayed behind with her, Corey wanted Wes to stay challenged and interested, so I went ahead with him and we made it to the third bridge. We passed Mel and Corey on our way down. I let Mel use my bike and Corey let Wes use his. Wes thought the ride down was really fun, yay! And he did pretty good on the ride up too (keeping up with his mom!) We all started at the parking lot, but Wes and I rode home (to relieve our babysitter Owen) and Corey and Mel drove the car back. 6.73 miles, no achievements, that's ok, 52 minutes. 

Friday - Corey and I drove to Snowbird this morning and did some of Big Mountain. 6 miles in 65 minutes. We just went to the red rocks technical part and that's where we turned around. The ride down was fun but over so fast after all that work getting up there! 5 achievements, one silver and 4 bronze.

Saturday - busy morning with cleaning the church and soccer games. I didn't think I'd be able to get out on a ride, so I did 20 handstands and was able to do 3 chin ups in a row. Then later, Corey and I did made it to corner canyon for a ride - 7.2 miles in 59 minutes. We did canyon hollow to Brocks then Rush down, did rush the end twice. 18 achievements, yay, got PRs or 2nd best on everything during the climb. 2nd and 3rd places on a few things on the downhill, but mostly I was just going nice and easy and enjoying myself on the descent. It was perfectly overcast and not busy, it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment