Monday, July 31, 2023

Jul 31 - Aug 5

Monday - First day of riding at Park City! Corey and I left early at 6:30, did Armstrong up to MidMountain, took that east to Jenni's, then Loose Moose down and CMG to Base area. 13.08 miles, 2 hours 10 minutes. PRs on: Lower armstrong 13:13, Dawns to HAM 21:46, and 8 other emoji medals

Tuesday - Ride with Corey, Armstrong to HAM then Spiro down, Lower Armstrong time today 13:28 (2nd place) PR Dawns to HAM 19:30 - I got an achievement on 12 segments out of 13 total! Only one I didn't get was the Silverspur to Armstrong, but we are just catching our breath there, since you have to bike straight up the hill to get there. Stretching with Jordyn was fun.

Wednesday - Ride with Joseph and Corey - we all went up Jenni's 12.26 miles, 1 hour 54 minutes, 2075 elevation. 
Joseph headed back at Loose Moose, Corey and I kept going up and we made it all the way to the Montage! It was so pretty and smelled so nice! I wanted to take the mountain back down, but Corey had to get to work (we started late) so we took the road down. 20 segments, 7 achievements, of which I got a few PRs compared to my time climbing Jenni's last year (like Jenni's to Loose Moose 2.68 miles in 32.46 (36 min twice last year)). Jordyn and I did more stretching today

Thursday - raining this morning, so we didn't make it out. Kids went to float the Provo River with Corey, I stayed at the hotel with Katharine, we took a walk to the park to release our last butterfly. 

Friday - K has a fever but Corey let me go on a ride anyway, I went to HAM, 1 hour 22 min, 7.33 miles, 13 segments, 8 achievements - 2nd and 3rd places, it was muddy. Went to Jordamelle and I tried doing headstands on the paddleboards at Jordanelle! Ha, it was fun, Then Corey and I went on an evening ride - it was less muddy, 7.39 miles, 1 hour 12 min, PRs for Lower Armstrong 12:34 (almost a min faster than monday!) and Dawns to HAM 18:48 

Saturday - Corey is sick and so is Katharine, so we didn't go on a ride today and we are back home now. I'm sad that we didn't do Scotty's Bypass and that we didn't take MidMountain down. I think I could go biking all day and not get tired of it. I'm wondering what is the purpose of life. I guess I am  sometimes a little satisfied after a ride, but if I could go longer I would. If I didn't have anything to come back to, I'd be out there all day. It's good I have a family to care for or I'd just recreate all day and probably lose my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment