Sunday, August 13, 2023

Aug 14 - 19

Monday - Ruins and Techy with Corey this morning.11.35 miles, 1:35:44 4 achievements: PR for 1st bridge to top - 2.23 miles in 37:25. Up Mile 3 was 2nd fastest time at 15:04. 2nd fastest time on Techy section too at 4:17, aaand I got a PR for the fastest section alive! 4:01! After we got home, Wes and I did the Fit Test together. The plus after is how many I increased from last week. 

Push ups - 31 push ups on toes (+2 = 2 more than last week!) W - 25
Jump Squats - 40 (+4) W - 31
4x4s 14 (=) W - 18
Toe touch then knee hugs (laying on back) 12 (+2) W - 12
Knee drive 24 (+4) W - 25
Jump Lunges 44 (+8!) W - 40
Burpees w/push up 10 (+1) W - 10
Forward touchdown backward touchdown - 22 (+5) W - 12
Elbow ups - 19 (+5) W - 8 (Wes prob had better form than I did)
Box jumps - 16 (+3) W - 16

Tuesday - Bike ride up canyon with Corey and Joseph. My Fezzari's back tire had a flat. I pumped it up and it seemed fine, but Corey said he wouldn't risk riding it up or I might get stuck, so I rode my silver bike. It is a hardtail. I can't believe that I rode that all year last year! It was fine going up, but it is no fun coming down. I also missed my dropper post. I was still able to do the big pipe after the 3rd bridge, but wasn't able to do a lot of the other techy parts - the tread on the tires is really worn out. I do like that it's a triple speed - I cranked it all the way to 3:8 and got a PR on the ride from the church to Wasatch at 1:54. Corey and I usually take the whole road up pretty slow, and so that part usually takes us over 3 minutes at a regular speed. 

Wednesday - Tire on my bike was still inflated so rode that today, yay, did ruins and Techy with Corey, 11.21 miles, 8 achievements. PR on Pow plant down (2:09). 2nd fastest for: Up mile 3 (14:45) DH Quarry (18:32), 3rd for fastest section alive (4:17) and 3rd bridge to top (15:20)

Thursday - Walked to Bells then hiked around the reservoir. I saw two coyotes! 4.69 miles, 1 hour 33 min

Friday - Met up with Corey's friend Nathan early at the trailhead (we were supposed to be there at 6:15, we were a little late) We drove to the trailhead, so rode from the quarry trailhead to the ruins and back with techy. 6.74 miles, 1:09:31. 8 achievements - I got 3rd place for quarry up and and back with techy 1:15. Also 3rd for Up mile 2 (15:00) and coalpit area (1:55 - still don't know where this section is) I got one silver medal for the temple quarry to mushroomland (37:30) and now for my 4 PRs today: 1st bridge to top 2.23 miles in 35:46, Up mile 3 13:33, 3rd bridge to top 14:45, and LC Descenet lower half 6:43. Fastest section alive was 4:20.  

Saturday - I had Wes drop me off up the canyon a bit further near Tanner campground, which was destroyed by avalanches over the winter - I didn't know where the trail was but I heard there was a trail... I struggled through avalanche debris for a bit before I found it. 

This pic is where I was still struggling. I sent it to Corey to shore him that o didn’t know what I was doing, and that I would text him if I needed to be reached. I eventually made it through to the ruins. None of the Trail was that great, would be a nice hike but I have no desire to bike it again. True, it could have just been the combination of a new trail with the rain that discouraged me, I still am fine to never do it again and to stick with well used trails. 7.06 miles, 1 hour 4 min, PR for pow plant down 2:06, PR for LC descent lower half 6:35, 2nd place for fastest section alive 4:10 and 2nd for coalpit area 1:53

No comments:

Post a Comment