Monday, October 2, 2017

Oct 2 - 7

Monday - Was ready to workout this morning. I'm committed to a new morning routine. Exercised from 6:30 - 7:15 doing a Melissa Ioja workout my lil' sis told me about: 3 rounds of this:
  • 30 step ups to chair - left leg
  • 30 step ups to chair - right leg
  • 30 deep squats
  • 30 walking lunges
  • 90 jump overs side to side
First round I did holding 8 lb dumbbells (except for the jumps) 2nd round with 10 lbs, 3rd round 12 lbs. Phew, well that took me a half hour but we're not done yet, it was followed by 3 more rounds of: 100 mountain climbers 200 jump rope (in between running upstairs to make sure the kids were awake for school). I broke a sweat and was out of breath, yay, a good workout! On Saturday I signed up for a "Courage Challenge" with FYM Holly Rigsby. I don't need to much help since I'm almost at my goal, but I have been in the same weight window for 3 months. Hoping this can help me get my goal and I'm looking forward to having someone to report and be accountable to.
Tuesday - Did a Courage Challenge workout Phase 1 workout A, 3 rounds of:
  • 20 dumbbell swings
  • 5 burpee with one hand press (I used 12 lbs) 
  • 15 swings
  • 5 burpee press with other arm
  • 10 swings
  • 5 burpee press right
  • 5 swings
  • 5 burpee press left
I alternated using 20 or 30 lbs for my swings. That was followed by a 4 min ab "sizzle" 30 seconds each of: renegade rows left arm, ab V with upward press, renegade rows right arm, ab V with upward press, repeat for 4 min. Then I also went on a 2 mile walk cause the sun is out this morning and the mountains are GORGEOUS
Wednesday - 12 min of plank rotations plus 2 wheels for as long as I could hold. Also went on an hour long hike to Rocky Mouth with the kids, carrying Owen or Daniel the whole time, that counts as another workout or something, right?
Thursday - 3:30 pm just finished ZWOW#2 Improved. Those competition burpees are killer! Then at 4:30 took a 90 min nature walk with kids along lower Bonneville Shoreline trail off of Hidden Valley Park
Friday - 12 min of planks at 11 pm in my closet, 5 for 5 days! Good week
Saturday - hike at 7:30 am with Abi and Wes. but they were cold so we turned back early. About 90 min. Another hike later, but that was more of a "stand" as we watched the kids play on the rocks instead of hike. That's ok. I'm going on a hike sans kids next Saturday morning tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment