Monday, July 16, 2012

Side Plank Lift Challenge

I haven't been doing much cardio lately, I've been enjoying doing lots of stretching and resistance holds AND I fasted for the first time for a long time yesterday so I really feel lighter and better, amazing how just one day of fasting makes you feel so much in control of your body - spiritually stronger.  I'm grateful for the spiritual benefits that come with fasting along with the physical aspect. 

I'm upping the intensity of my side planks.  Last week I was able to hold the side plank on my elbow for 3 minutes.  This week I'm doing side planks for 1 minute on my hand two times for each side.  That is a lot more intense, I can barely do the minute!  So here's our challenge:

200 reps of the Side Plank Lift - 100 on each side



I'm guessing this will be a 10-12 minute workout, but not sure... let's go find out!

---

Ok, my time was 12:22 but I just did 100 total reps, 50 each side, and that was enough to make me sweat and get a good workout.   I did 10 at a time for each side, then took a breather.  On my 61-80 reps I did the elbow to plank lifts 10 in a row then followed by the 10 side plank lifts right side, then 10 elbow to planks again with 10 plank lifts left.

No comments:

Post a Comment