Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fruit Fast

"All of the vitality and energy I have comes to me because my body is purified by fasting."
-Ghandi

I've been fasting today.  I'm still nursing my 10 month old baby girl, so I usually eat something to make sure she's got some milk if she wants it (for my fast today I ate apples and watermelon and drank water). 


But she's also old enough that she's eating enough other foods to keep her little chubby legs nice and fed. :)

Everytime I fast I am once again amazed at how wonderful it feels to say "no" to all the foods that call out "YES!" to me during the normal day.  It feels great to be in control of my mouth.  It also once again teaches me that I can do it, I can be in control.  If I can be in control while I'm fasting, why don't I just stay in control even when I'm not fasting?  Maybe that's what it means to LIVE the law of the fast. - and, for my own personal reference, here's a blog with stuff about fasting that looked interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment