Monday, June 3, 2024

June 3 - 8

Monday - Woke up at 5:15am, got dressed, and went to Corner Canyon, arrived by 6. Prepping myself for a 6am ride with my little bro Grant on Wednesday. Did bottom of Rush, then Canyon Hollow, full Rush with the trees and Rush end one extra time. 1 hour 9 minutes, 7.54 miles. Going to do that on Wed wtih Grant, it will be fun!

Tuesday - Bouldering with Corey this morning. I did the orange V2 today! It's a tough one.

Corey was ready to leave and wanted me to get back home to the kids, (and I wasn't really feeling it...) so just I did 16:

  • 1 V3 attempt - New Red in OG
  • 3 V3 sends - Red and White in OG, Lavendar on North boulder
  • 5 V2 sends 
  • 7 V1s

Then a ride tonight up LCC with Corey and Rob. We went to the ruins, I got up the climb after Lisa Falls today! My second time this year. The top with the ruins was all washed over - the river is high from the summer temperatures that are here, and so it was all coming down the trail at the top. We did techy, and I hit everything and felt proud, and Corey wanted to show Rob Techgnar so we did that and I did the sticks bridge on that for the first time. I could probably get to like it, I just need to get more familiar with it. I wasn't going to go cause I have a ride with Grant in the morning, but Corey said I should cause it'll be Grants first time and I don't want to be too gung ho for a beginner.

Wednesday - Nice ride with Grant. We did Rush the end, then up Canyon Hollow, Brocks, then Rush and Limelight. 8.99 miles, 1 hour 21 minutes

Thursday - 20 handstands, 30 min of attempting splits stretching, then did P90X Ab Ripper X. I gotta get stronger abs and hip flexors. Also held on to the fingerboards in the basement that Joseph made years ago, I hope if I do that every so often my fingers will stay strong (cause we're probably going to cancel Momentum)

Friday - Morning walk delivering thank you notes for Bella - 1.98 miles, 36 minutes, then drove up the canyon for a walk, started a little below the 1st bridge, 2.44 miles, 52 minutes. 15 min stretching my back backwards (like bridge pose) after I got home

Saturday - This morning I went on an adventurous hike and I learned that I should probably stick to popular trails, cause they are good trails, they are pretty, and safe, etc. The hike I did was sketchy, steep, loose gravel, I slid quite a few times but never fell on my butt but it was not enjoyable cause I had to be so cautious. I only saw two other people during the hour and 40 minutes that I was gone. It was pretty in some spots, but I was also afraid I was going to be attacked by a cougar. I was gone 1 hour 50 minutes, went 3.74 miles, and got 1956 elevation gain! It was fun to see the canyon from a different angle - the canyon parking lot below. Cool -
But from now on I think I'll go on trails I can enjoy as I walk, like LCC, or I'll stick to biking "We should stick to what we're good at..." - Megamind. But so it was all climb with no fun downhill at the end. I wanted to go on a just downhill ride at the end of the day - like have Abi drop me off at the top of the canyon, but we went to a wedding reception instead, so I went bouldering at 9pm. We did cancel it yesterday, so we have until June 14th to climb. I only went twice this week, I'll try to go 3 times next week, but then we'll take a break until winter. Tonight I did 24:
  • 2 V4 attempts - both on south boulder - orange and black
  • 5 V3 attempts - Red V3 on south boulder, Lavender and White on north boulder end prow, black and orange on north boulder Vert Dihedral
  • 2 V3 sends - Red on the 40 wall in the OG (this is my usual) and Pink on north boulder tall slab
  • 1 V2 attempt - the green one. I tried it but wasn't able to do it today
  • 7 V2 sends 
  • 7 V1s

No comments:

Post a Comment