Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Jul 3 - 8

Monday - camping at Pineview, not a good nights sleep. We brought up our bikes to go on a ride, but didn't make it out - too tired. We'll get in a good one tomorrow.

Tuesday - Morning ride with Corey to the ruins, yay. 11.28 miles, 1 hour 37 min. 8 achievements: PRs for: quarry to mushroom land (37:29) LCC climb to 2nd bridge (24:08), 1st bridge to top (37:38). Silvers for UP Mile 2 (14:47) UP mile 3 (15:08) LCC Rd climb (8:55). A few good news: I did the board both times! On the way up and on the way back down, sweet. I also did the rocks (We'll call them "The Rocks") before the 2nd bridge today! Usually my head isn't in it - I think I've only done it one other time so far this spring/summer. I got geared up and as I approached I started yelling at myself "Come on! Come on!" and I did it, yay. It's been a while. On the way down, we did techy, I did the first rock pile AGAIN yay but not the 2nd, but almost. AND I went over the log for the first time ever, yay! On the way down we also did the techy part I explored with Peter and Katharine - Strava calls it Techgnar. And I did a part Corey usually does right before the 3rd bridge - he sits and does it with his seat down, I did it standing, it was fun. Ok, and then one bad part on the way down, right after the 2nd bridge, I fell on "The Rocks" - I was going down and maybe my shocks were too soft? Cause my wheel got stuck and I went over my handlebars. Good news: Corey was close behind me and helped me up out of the mud. Also good news: I didn't break anything on my body or my bike. And it was really good that I was wearing long sleeved shirts and pants. They didn't get holes, but they definitely protected my skin from many puncture wounds. I took a short walk up to the 2nd bridge to shake it out and get all the mud off of my hands. I was able to ride home fine but I was a bit shaky and I'm curious to see how bad my bruises will be tomorrow.  I feel very banged up. This is what hurts: my left outside ankle, left forearm, right front hip bone. left knee was the worst looking and that hurts.  

Wednesday - rest day, 3 chin ups and some handstands

Thursday - ride with Corey, 11.28 miles, 1 hour 34 min. 1545 elevation. I got six 3rd place achievements. Did Techy 1, didn't fall, but did have one tip over. Was able to go up the Rocks again today, sweet, and did the board both times, yay, and did the first rock pile. At home, 2 min hollow and 2 min superman, handstand, headstand, I was a bit dizzy a few times last night when I got up to feed Katharine. I thought I might be lightheaded cause I had skipped dinner last night, but after eating today I've still been a bit dizzy a few times today when I get up. Making note here for myself to watch.

Friday - Hike to Gloria Falls with Stephani, MaryAnne, and Ashley. 2.59 miles, 1 hour 11 min

Saturday - Corner Canyon with Corey. 1 hour 15 min, 1263 elevation. Corey's strava said it was 8.5 miles, mine only said 7.5, but we did the same ride, so that was weird, Corey teased "Men are just better!" haha, we can do the same ride and he can get a mile more than me without even trying. We parked at Coyote Hollow, did Rush the End, then down Limelight, up the Gasline Trail, over to Rattler and Ghost Falls for the up, then down Ghost, Down Rush, and did Rush the end one more time. 37 segments, 23 achievements

No comments:

Post a Comment