Monday, May 8, 2023

May 8 - 13

Monday - Biking with Corey, the avalanche has been somewhat cleared, so we were able to go past that and almost reached the 2nd bridge before the snow stopped us. 8.25 miles, 1 hour 4 minutes. Monkey bars while I waited for Owen at his soccer practice. It was lightly raining though, so I couldn't hold onto the bars and kept slipping. I tried a dozen times, but never made it all the way across. I did give my hands a workout though, and I did 26 pull ups today (5 at a time throughout the day, then one more on the monkey bars)

Tuesday - Ride with Corey, 8.53 miles, 70 minutes. We rode up past the 2nd bridge, but not much further than that. We did, however, ride almost the whole way down! If you lower your seat (via dropper post) and put your legs out to each side (like a kid going down a steep hill on a big wheel tricycle) then you can keep it steering straight even through the snow. I did have to walk it just on one part of the avalanche remains. Pretty fun.

Wednesday - Ride with Joseph to the 2nd bridge, 8.39 miles, 58 minutes. Check this out: 5 achievements today! Got a Personal BEST on the climb to the 2nd bridge - 27:19! Beating my Oct best of 28 minutes - and THAT was when I was at the end of the season! And we're just at the start of the season! This is gonna be a fun summer. Also 2nd best time to the 1st bridge, oh yeah. I was behind Joseph the whole time though - he was waiting for me. I'm sure he would have gotten 25 min if he was by himself.

Thursday - 8.96 miles, 1 hour 8 min. I was telling Corey this morning how Joseph and I were cooking it yesterday, and then today we beat that time from yesterday - NEW Personal Best on the climb to 2nd bridge - 27:10, oh yeah. A few other PRs but I don't really know what those sections are, except for the Pow Plant Down, PR there of 2:35. Monkey bars tonight at Daniel's soccer practice, pretty fun. I miss climbing though

Friday - Morning ride, taking our time (I've gone every day this week and needed a slow day) 9.17 miles, 1 hour 14 min. Went a little further, there is almost a snow free trail through, next week I'm sure we'll make it to the 3rd bridge.

Saturday - Morning walk to DD and Sunrise Point, 2.88 miles, 1 hour, plus handstands, pull ups, hollow, superman, cold shower = all the usuals

No comments:

Post a Comment