Monday, September 23, 2013

Food Combining

Now that I've committed myself to 100 days of this, I'm remembering now that I really like eating this way. I don't think I'll always do it over the next 100 days, like I'll let it slide on date night now and then, but it really is such an easy way for me to plan meals and eat, I really like it. It simplifies my life, I do it this way:

  • Wake up - Drink water, wait 15 minutes, then Fruit for breakfast
  • 2 hours after finishing my fruit (about 10:00) I get to eat my carbs (this is my happy time of the day): whole wheat toast with avocado, cucumbers, carrots with peanut butter, veggies, I can eat and snack until around 2:30 - 3:00
  • ok to snack on veggies in between these two eating sessions, since they combine properly with both carbs and protein (anything from the middle circles from the top portion of this chart).
  • 3 hours later (6:00-ish) I can have my protein meal - for example on Saturday I sauteed up some mushrooms, onions, and red peppers and ate them with shrimp and a little lettuce. I was satisfied but not stuffed afterwards, which is the sign of good eating.

Here's my 100 days report:

Day 2 - Sunday - Free day
I still food combined most of the day, but skipped my protein dinner and had a yogurt pie for dessert made with regular yogurt and light whipped cream, bananas, strawberries, coconut, and a graham cracker crust.

Day 3 - Monday - today :)
I haven't taken a nap this morning which is huge. Usually I just let myself fall asleep nursing Natalie and figure I'll start my day when the older kids are home, but I actually haven't been totally worthless today! Feels good, like I'm almost a normal person.

Did my 12 minutes of planks, 3 minute variety. 3 minute center plank kills me. Can't hold the sides for 3 minutes, but I did do 90 sec plus 40 second hand planks, then another 50 seconds to make 3 minutes for each side.

Diet:
Breakfast - Watermelon
Lunch - 11:00 2 bread, cereal with rice milk
2:00 - 2 more bread with avocado, and 4 microwaved yellow squash
Dinner - Chicken curry with grilled mushrooms and red peppers

I was inspired by this lady today - that would be a great way to get in a workout each day, huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment