Monday, February 25, 2013

20 Weeks - Stretching

20 weeks today, I'm half way there. Parents.com says:
Baby's Length: 6-6.5 in.
Baby's Weight: 9-10 oz.
Baby's Size: Coconut
So yea, half way.  It feels like it's been a loooong winter... My sister Trice, is almost at just 100 days left, that's pretty cool.  Last week I just took it easy, kinda like a recovery week.  I did planks one day and 60 deadlifts on another day but that was it.

Today I did 12 minutes of planks and lots of stretching as I sat on the floor and read a book.  I'm feeling pretty tight so I'm having Melodie start coaching me, she's my uber-flexible ballerina daughter.  She's been able to do the splits since she was a baby, so jealous.
(But also happy that I can live out my childhood dreams through her!)  :)  She can do the forward stretch splits complete rotation thing that the yoga lady does at the beginning of this video here.



I really want to get flexible and open my hips! I don't feel like I'm stressed much these days, but like the little saying she uses "your issues are in your tissues" - and my hips and shoulders got some issues that need to be dealt with.
Anyway, pretty amazing.  So that's my ultimate goal for someday.  For now my goal is to just be able to put my chest to the floor.  Even with a tummy growing, I think I can progress over the next 20 weeks and then once the baby is born maybe we'll see if I can reach that first step, a year from now we'll see how close I am to splits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment