Monday, October 9, 2023

Oct 9 - 14

Monday - I think we have two good days for rides this week, today and tomorrow, and then the rest of the week it's going to be cold. I hesitated this morning, Corey left, I decided to go and drove to the trailhead in time to meet him when he arrived there. He biked up to the ruins, I did techy twice. I like techy. Good stuff. 6.9 miles, 1 hour 10 min.  

Tuesday - Got up early today - drove to Wayne's then went up BCC, Wayne took Corey's car back to his house and Corey and I rode down there from Guardsman. 
I didn't remember to turn on my Strava until half way up "puke hill". So we'll go with Corey's stats: 22 miles, 2 hours, 1015 elevation. It was our longest ride on Strava! (my 2nd longest ride was around Park City on June 23 last year). Corey had his phone set up, so I erroneously just trusted where he was telling me to go. 
AND because of that, we went down two black diamond trails, Millcreek Meadows and Little Water descent. 
Next time I'll lead! He also didn't know where the trail was, so after we got to Upper Big Water trailhead, we ended up just taking the road the rest of the way down. That was fast so was cold for the last 8 miles and 26 minutes. Beautiful though! 
We might go up there for a cook out tonight. 

Wednesday - rain, stressed about life, ate too many goldfish crackers tonight, pm weight 140. Started taking a Garden of Life Daily probiotic this evening.

Thursday - Rainy. Stretched. Fasted all day and ate curry and rice for dinner. Bought a book at the DI called "Virgin Coconut Oil" by Brain and Marianita Jader Shilhavy. Then I went and bought coconut oil. 

Friday - Corey went on a ride this morning, First thing I did this morning was take a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil. It felt soo good on my throat! Maybe it will cure my hacking! I also remember a while back I was on a coconut oil kick and it made my skin feel so much better. Maybe the oil will also cure my itchy flaky scalp. I rode over to the school with Natalie and Daniel and then went on a very short ride. I was going to do the fishtail as fast as I could, then as I was coming to Wasatch, after keeping a good speed and feeling tired, I said "I actually don't want to do this..." and I turned around. Stretched for 40 minutes though! That was good. Weight before date night 133.4, yay. I'm hopeful that probiotics and coconut oil will cure some of what ails me.

Saturday - I was able to go on a ride tonight and see the lovely leaves. 
I did our usual ride, the quarry trail, but I didn't get any personal bests because I kept stopping to take pictures of the mountains and the trees. 
It was GORGEOUS!
I was soaking it up. I took my time and told myself "There is more to life than increasing it's speed". I didn't beat any of my ride times for any of the segments, but I did enjoy the colors and the trees and the smells. I did techy three times, and I even made it up the hill on my first go, yay! Pic below was on the way down - on avalanche hill - so pretty seeing the sun shine on the leaves on the mountains on the other side of the canyon.
So that filled my cup. I'm amazed at this beautiful world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment