Monday, June 13, 2016

Jun 13 - 18 (25 weeks)

25 weeks - acorn squash
Monday - 25 weeks today. Weight at home 172.8. Did 12 minutes of planks. Then had a doctor appointment this morning. I've gained 12 pounds the past 6 weeks, was 173 at home, not sure what I was according to their scale, I don't look (but I know it's atleast 5 pound over mine). But unfortunately 12 pounds sounds about right (doh!) After that I ate Whole30 today. Maybe I can stop the tide of weight gain. I usually gain a ton during the second trimester and then just 5 pounds during the last trimester. I'll try to be good and see if I can make that happen this time and keep it under 180.
Tuesday - 1 hour walk
Wednesday - 12 min of planks
Thursday - 1 hour walk - walked to a mountain trail, went up for 10 min hike then 10 min down and back home.
Friday - My calves are a little sore from the brief hike yesterday. Took another one hour walk this morning.
Saturday - Scripture study today was on Self Mastery. Last night I got out my old 2002 journal, of when I was on the ball with diet and started to exercise regularly and lost weight after Ethan was born. I was in the 140s when he was 4 months old! Man, I haven't been there since Sophi - didn't get there after Natalie or Owen. Come on, self. So, I ate Marilu style today. I already know it worked for me, I kept my weight in the window of 124-127 during that whole time. And kept that diet during my pregnancy with Hyrum which was my best one too - I was 144 when Hyrum was 6 weeks. So, yeah, ate Marilu style today and have felt great, not hungry or munchy with cravings, maybe I can do something positive with my weight and health these next 14 weeks before Junior comes. Tonight I lifted weights for the first time in a long time, did a Body for Life Upper body workout:
SHOULDERS - Upward Rows - 12 reps w/2 8lb dumbells, 10 reps w/10 lbs, 8 reps w/15 lbs, 6 reps 20 lbs, 12 reps w/15 lbs, shoulder press 12 reps @ 15 lbs.
BACK - rows - dumbells, 12 reps @10 lbs, 10 reps @ 15 lbs, 8 reps @20 lbs, 6 reps @ 25 lbs, 12 reps @20 lbs, back flys 12 reps @8 lbs
TRICEPS - seated press with dumbbells - 12 reps @8 lbs, 10 reps w/one 20 lb dumbbell, 8 reps with a 25 lb, 6 reps w/30 lb, 12 reps w/25, chair dips 12 reps.
CHEST - pushups, 12 on knees, 10 on knees slower, tried to do 8 on toes but only managed 5, then 3 on knees, 6 on toes, 12 on knees, chest fly 12 reps with two 15 lb dumbbells
BICEPS - standing curls with dumbbells - 12 reps w/8lbs, 10 reps 10 lbs, 8 reps 15 lbs, 6 reps 20 lbs, 12 reps 15 lbs, hammer curls 12 reps w/15 lbs.
...and ended with three 1 minute center planks. Good news: I exercised every day this week, good job! Bad news: I pretty much ate a half gallon of rocky road ice cream all by myself in 48 hours. Finished it off last night for "dinner" and then started my reading of my 2002 journal. I want to be better, I can do better and do more to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment