Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Dec 7 - 12

Monday - 12 minutes of planks in rotation - center side side 3x then 3 min reverse plank. Six 10 second let downs. Hyrum stayed home from school today sick, and during the course of the day our conversation turned to getting healthy, he's my new exercise buddy. He and Wesley did the planks with me, Hyrum did the let downs too. I shared some of my struggle with weight as a kid. I think I know enough that I can help him and me reach our goals.
Tuesday - Hyrum and I worked out today, and we had 3 friends join us who don't like to be left out of something fun (like having permission to use the treadmill) so Mel, Wes, and Abi joined us. Lily, Sophi, and Natalie all came down too, it was a cardio party. So the plan was 5 stations at 1 minute each:
  1. Jumping Jacks
  2. Treadmill
  3. high knees
  4. jump knee tuck
  5. 180 jump turns with toe touch (I just call these "180s")
I didn't want to go upstairs to get my timer, so we had whoever was on the treadmill station keep time, which didn't work very well, some kids couldn't see it and called time after the distance said .59 miles, others added time here and cut down some time in other spots. But we all got an ok workout. They wanted to take a water break after each round and a few during, I just kept going, but I was also able to get in all the cardio I wanted by jumping ahead of the person in front of me and getting on the treadmill for another 1 min sprint, yay. So overall it was a 25 minute workout, I got in four 1 minute sprints, and all the kids were exhausted and sweaty.
Wednesday - Hyrum and I after school: plan was to do 500 mountain climbers, he couldn't figure it out, so I just told him to do Plank Jacks and he could be done when I finished my 500 mtn climbers. Took me a while - we started over twice. First 100 in :48, done with 200 at 2:08, and each 50 was about a minute for the rest of my time, finished 500 in 7:55. Hyrum did 200 plank jacks in that time, plus he had PE today and got some cardio there. Our arms are going to be sore tomorrow!
Thursday - Cize Full Out workout - that one was really fun! So much fun we did it twice
Friday - Full Out again, getting better at it
Saturday - 20 minutes on the treadmill, did five 1 minute sprints, then Abi and I did Full Out, Wes joined us half way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment