Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bailors 2 Cents on P90X and Insanity

It's June, so now when I'm asked when I'm due, I get to say "Next Month!" which is always a nice point to get to in the journey of pregnancy.  Also, on Saturday the 8th, I get to say "One month from today!"

I have subscribed to The Smarter Science of Slim's email list and got this in my inbox today.  As I listened to it today I was nodding my head saying "yup, yup, I though the same thing, I've been there" - especially the things he shares about exercise -
I've tried P90X, and like he says, I was thinking the same thing when I did it "I can't keep this up forever..." and "this is taking too much time" for me with a mother of 6 kids at that time.  It was not sustainable, so it could help me temporarily, but not long term if it's not something I could do long term.  I think Body-for-LIFE is a sustainable type of exercise program, just 3 hours a week - 3 days of a 20 minute cardio workout (1 hour), and 3 days of 40-50 minutes doing resistance training (2 hours).  After this baby is born, I'm going to start my bodyrock/Zuzka style workouts again, which I think are so great - brief 10 -15-20 minutes of workout each day, so 50 minutes to less than 2 hours a week.  Great stuff.  As for now, I'm enjoying taking the stairs, taking the summer walk at night with my kids, planks, and lunges and such.

I also liked what he said that when we're 85, we're not going to care how we look, we're going to care how we feel - so set ourself up or success by eating right and smart and exercising smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment