Monday, May 20, 2013

32 Weeks and No Weight Gain

Well!! I have exciting news.  Well, it made me excited anyway.  I think I'm gonna be in a super good mood all day, perhaps all week, and I am motivated big time.

So, after only one week of trying to eat healthy, I think my clog is already clearing up.  I weigh myself on Monday's since I'm due on a Monday, so today I'm officially 32 weeks, just 7 weeks left.  My original plan was to start eating healthy at 12 weeks, since that seems like the number lots of exercise programs use, a 12 week program.  So I was going to do a little 12 week experiment of my own, but I ended up being a month behind with that plan.  So I started last week, making it an 8 week program, still enough time to make and see I difference I thought, and after giving myself a week to recover from our vacation AND after just one week of my challenge for myself, the scale has shown a big difference!  And this is for a hungry and constantly eating pregnant woman too, mind you.  So, two weeks ago when I weighed myself I was 163.  The last week, my weigh in was 168, which I was upset about, and I avoided the scale that week, trusting that it might have been a fluke but to scared to find out for sure.  Then today (and my wishful thinking is that I could finish this pregnancy without breaking 170) I went in a little braced for harsh reality, when, lo and behold.... 163 again!!!  Woo-hoo!!  That is after just one week of filling up my cart and my tummy with lots of healthy food.  Friday that healthy food consisted of cashews and dates (yum!), yesterday was celery and a salmon and honey mustard spinach and romaine salad, ANYWAY, I'm super EXCITED!!!  What if I get below 160 eating this healthy?  And I'm eating plenty, so we'll see if they are concerned at all at my doctor appointment on Wednesday.  "You lost a few pounds from your last appointment, that's not good..."?  As if eating junk and gaining weight automatically means that all is well.  I'll say, "actually, I've just been eating healthy" and I know it will be okay, but on paper it might not look good at first.

When I was pregnant with Hyrum, who is my 4th child, I weighed 164-ish when he was born, I was doing a Marilu Henner diet and Body for LIFE exercising at that time and was really diligent.  He was 8 lbs 10 oz when he was born, I was 144 at my 6 week appointment, and that was my best pregnancy yet weight wise.  This one still has a chance to be like that.  I have 7 weeks left, and we're gonna keep shoving in the veggies and keep clearing out the clog.  Acutally though, he says in the book that the clog clears very very quickly and the weight will come off eastily once you start - see chapter 3 of Jon's book "How to Lower Your Set-Point Weight"

So, it's gonna be a good week.  I know it's kinda silly to let the scale rule my mood and my emotions, and I usually try not to let it, but if it's making me in a good mood, well, that would be silly not to embrace that, right?

So 32 weeks, baby's the size of a soccer ball (I believe it) and I'm going to do 12 minutes of planks today, and life is good, 7 weeks left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment