Monday, December 18, 2023

Dec 18 - 23

Monday - Climbing this afternoon by myself. Had a goal to get to 30:

  • 2 V3 attempts
  • 10 V2 sends (couldn't do the black V2 from last one at all! Maybe I need Wes there).
  • 1 V2 attempt - green slab in OG sector
  • 13 V1 sends 
  • 1 V1 attempt - first try of the red one on the north boulder. Sent it on 2nd attempt
  • 4 V0s
Tuesday - It was a fairly warm afternoon - 50 degrees! So I took a quick ride along the fish tail. Silver bike, I was working hard and thought I was going pretty fast, but received no achievements. :( sad

Wednesday - held a 2 min plank this morning, then climbing with Corey at 2, did a few new V1s and V2s. Total 18 sends. Then stretched my legs for 20 minutes

Thursday - Corey went to gym, then I went there too. Walked for 22 min on treadmill while I watched a few Dr. Berg videos. Then a 3 min plank (30 sec on hands, then slid/lowered to elbows for 30, them was able to bring myself back up to hands (without having to do one arm at a time!) and did that two more times, total 3 min, then 100 second superman. Then a few climbs - 4 attempts (a cute little boy, prob 8 years old, was with me and we both tried that purple V3 twice, we're both too short though! He is so good though, I saw him do an orange V6 on the north boulder, so impressed), 5 sends (black V2 3 times and two purple V2s)

Friday - Joseph brought my Fezzari bike back from Lindon after a repair, and it was a warm afternoon so I did a quick fishtail ride. 5.95 miles, 28 min 33 seconds, I got two achievements! 2nd place on the approach hill which surprised me, time 4:47 (. Also 3rd place for wasatch blvd light to the mouth of canyon, 1.59 miles in 10:25 (PR time on 9/2/23 was 8:13, so still lots of room for improvement there)

Saturday - I finished Christmas errands - got one last gift for Owen at fashion place mall, then went to Momentum. 9 V2 sends and a few attempts, I did a purple V2 that I hadn't done before, the one in the OG sector on the northeast corner of the boulder, I did it! I also did a blue V2 in the OG sector that I hadn't been able to do before, yay. I like just getting further on a climb than I've gotten the time before. On a green V2 I got to the almost last hold, yay. I only have a few V2s to do, but some of them seem a bit impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment