Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Jun 5 - 10

Monday - Fun run 3K time 13:45, plus walk to and from the start line = 20 min cardio and did 10 min stretching.
Tuesday - Fun run time 13:41, 20 minutes stretching. Googled a little bit for advice on how to improve my time. One guy said to increase my time - "try jogging for 21 mins, 3 times a week. then increase by 3 mins each week until you are at 45 mins." then at another site, Coach Benson's advice for a girl trying to increase time over several months (I've just got one!) was "I would guess that you would come closer to your ambitious goal of dropping 50 sec this spring by getting your mileage up to closer to 65 to 70 KM per week. Twenty five to 30 miles per week is rather skimpy for a runner wanting to do about 11:30 for 3200 (= to your goal of 10:50 for 3k)." I better up my running on the treadmill. For the past few months, I've done about 6 miles a week. Maybe I'll do a short run in the morning and go for a longer run outside or on the treadmill at night. :)
Wednesday - I took Corey to the airport at 5:45 this morning, then home and left for a jog at 7:10 am - went 4.6 mile walk/jog, 50 minutes, last day of school for elementary kids.
Thursday - stretch 70 minutes
Friday - stretch 20 minutes
Saturday - 2 mile jog - 30 minutes

Summer Health Challenge -
Total points for the 11 days: 305 points
Total percentage loss - 2.03%


No comments:

Post a Comment