Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Un-Exercises

I haven't been on a fall hike or for a 2 mile run for a few weeks. I think I've lost my chance to see the fall colors. Drat. Newborns will do that to you though, as will sick toddlers (Sophi had a fever last week and has a cough still.) I got an exercise bike off of the classifieds last Thursday, and I've been able to use that a few times, still working on a schedule I can stick to, but maybe that's not realistic right now.

These past two weeks I've spent a lot of my free time laying on my Miracle Balls doing some "un-exercises" as she calls them. I lay down in my closet with some Piano Guys music on my shuffle, feeling the tension release a little as I exhale the "s" sound, per Petrone's instructions. I'm still pretty tense in my shoulders, as that is where my body likes to hold all my unconscious stress. The little booklet that comes with the balls explains how to use them. Good stuff.

The kids keep using them as their toys over the years, so they've gotten lost and thrown over the fences or something and are always disappearing and I'm having to buy new ones, we're on our 5th and 6th ball right now, and since I only have these two purple pregnancy balls I keep a close eye on them and do my best to keep them out of the kids hands. But I totally love them.

During our international trips, they are one thing that we've made room for in the luggage. There's little 1 year old Wes using the ball as his pool toy in Brazil in 2007. We could live without them, but prefer not to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment