Monday, August 17, 2026

Aug 17 - 22

Monday - 3:53 pm ride to the ruins. Techy on descent, very beautiful blue sky today! 

11.20 miles, 1 hour 57 min (spent 30 min at the ruins reading and playing) My little piles of rock to get across the creek, and I did it today! 
I found a good stick to help me, didn't get my shoes wet woot, it helps that the water is getting lower

Tuesday - Temple this morning at 5, then home so kids could have the car. 7:12 pm went to Lisa to explore. 2.25 miles, 1 hour 17 min. I cleaned up (organized rocks and logs) at the fort that whoever is/was making at Hogum Fork.

Big logs on left, regular hiking sticks on right. 
I got across the creek 4 times in new places! A little stressful cause I kept hiking up at one point, not sure if I'd find a place to cross, but I made it and didn't die.

Wednesday - 3:40 pm ride to ruins. First I stopped by the Bells Canyon bathroom to soak my shirt. Then the 94 degree temp was tolerable! 11.78 miles, 1 hour 35 min. spent 30 min at the ruins crossing the creek and stuff. I saw two fish try to fly up the waterfall (or one fish twice?)

Got the local legend with 16 efforts for Cottonwood Road/Dirt Climb to Pipe for all athletes! (already had it for Women) AND the LCC Enduro Descent, also for all athletes, with 11 efforts (Those two numbers should be the same, maybe minus one for the descent for when I had to bail out of my ride cause of rain, but when I got up, I come down too, so I think the "11 efforts" is wrong, should be 15.

Thursday - 6:15 am morning hike to ruins. 1.35 miles, 40 minutes. A momma deer and her two babies crossed the trail in front of me, so fun

Friday - 6:40 am, short hike exploring below the 1st bridge before Lily had to go to school. 32 min, .74 miles

Saturday - Ready to ride Wasatch Crest with the Gygi's. Wesley dropped us off at Guardsman's Pass. 

Guardsman to Millcreek Canyon then to Macey's on Wasatch blvd where Wes left the car for us. 


23.78 miles, 3 hours 6 min. Fun to be with the Gygis!

No comments:

Post a Comment