Monday, September 10, 2018

Sep 10 - 15 (21 weeks)

21 Weeks - "As long as a carrot"
Monday - 21 weeks today. Went on a walk/jog outside at 6:05-6:38, set a timer for every 5 min to help me alternate walking and jogging for 6 rounds, then stretching at home before I took Wes to school. Weight 153.2, .4 gain, not bad considering we had two birthdays this past week and my vegan son and I enjoyed some cashew milk frozen desserts. Off to a good start for the week.
Tuesday - 6:00 walk around the block, did 100 walking lunges, stretching, then my modified Melissa Ioja workout - all lower body thing - started at 7, 6 rounds of:
  • 5x of jump lunge right, jump lunge left, jump squat = 1 
  • 20x Romanian Deadlifts 2/25
  • 15x of lower than parallel squats with 1/30 lb
  • 100x of calf raise pulses 2/25
  • 1 min center plank on hands
I did all 6 rounds in under 5 minutes! Finished at 7:40, woo! After round 5 I was like "ONE MORE>> you can do this!" It's nice that each exercise goes by quickly, thus making each round go by quickly. (well, except for the plank.) (...and the squats.) Feel good, very sweaty, going to stretch for 20 and then get the elementary kids off to school.
Wednesday - Morning walk/jog outside. I left a little later than I should have (6:24), so I didn't do my last 5 min jog cause it was too light at the end and I didn't want to draw attention to myself. According to the mileage and time recorded on my samsung health app, I went 2.38 miles in 36 minutes. Done at 7:01. Nice to be outside this morning. I still need to stretch tho - I had to take carpool right after I got home, so now I'm tight again, need to warm up and stretch, pretty tight after yesterday's workout
Thursday - Started with a quick 10 min walk outside for 10 min. Then inside for upper body static holds, didn't feel strong during the biceps, that might have affected me feeling weak for the rest of them too!
  • Wonderful Wonderful - warm up - flows and stretching warm up
  • The Man - biceps, 2/8lb weights (was 5 last week, this was harder!) laying on ground with arms straight down at side, some slight 90 degree curls
  • Rut - triceps - first 3 min of song with 2/8, then 2/5lbs for rest, hard, kinda awkward for my left shoulder. laying on ground arms straight above, some slight extension
  • Life to Come - chest - 2/8 laying with arms out at a T, with straight arm would bring them up in a chest fly, hard but doable
  • Run for Cover - back - on tummy with pillows protecting junior, tried holding a T with 2/5, also would alternate one arm in a curl the other straight out to side, did better (a little stronger) than last week I think
    Tyson vs. Douglas - shoulders - side and front raises and holds as long as I could, 2/5 lbs, my arms are pretty done though, so did some dumbbell swings and would hold until I couldn't, swing back, then hold again as long as could, did that for the last 90 sec of song. 
  • Some Kind of Love - stretching - 2 repeats of song, spinal twist like Zuzka shows on the left for one song, repeat on right. 
  • Rest of songs on album - stretching
Friday - 40 min walk/jog this morning outside, 5 min walk, 5 min jog. Went 2.88 miles
Saturday - I was supposed to do lower body today, but it was kinda crazy busy with homecoming the older kids and soccer and Jr. Symphony and life in general. I didn't workout other than walking at Abi's game, Costco, during other errands, and at a neighborhood gathering tonight. Health app says I went over 10,000 steps, abt 5 miles. I did do 15 min of intentional stretching, so I guess we'll call it good with that.

21 weeks with Owen in 2015
21 weeks with Daniel in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment