Monday, March 25, 2024

Mar 25 - 30

Monday - Climbing at 7:20 after Skyline carpool. Elementary kids were home today (end of term in the district?) so I didn't need to hurry home to get them out the door, so Natalie was in charge and I took my sweet time doing lots of climbs - 31 total:

  • 1 V4!!! My first one! A White on the short end slab of the south boulder
  • 6 V3 sends - most in the OG - I got the White, 2x RedBlue, and a new Pink on the north boulder (pic below)- it was really hard but I flashed it! At one point on it, I had to kinda pistol squat with my left leg to get up high enough to reach the next hold, I was impressed with myself. Pic and explanation below. I also got the freaking Pink in the OG, hate that one though. Purple is gone, should be a new one there for me to try on Wed!
  • 6 V2 sends 
  • 13 V1 sends
  • 5 V0 sends 
So with this pink V3 above, you start on the tag, then move to the two skinny triangles, then you gotta hold the one high on the right, and that's when I had to get my food on top of the first/left skinny triangle so I could stand to reach the big holds, wow! I was impressed with myself. I shared my victory with Wes. I must have been so excited that I didn't log it, cause I had to enter it late, so I thought when I left that I did 31 climbs, but with that one it's 31. Plus also did stretching for 30 minutes on yoga blocks while K played with the train at violin

Tuesday - 4.76 miles -1 hour 28 min walk from Burt Bros back home, took a detour from Quail Hollow to LaCaille for fun. Stretching at noon for 30 minutes on yoga blocks in my closet. 

Wednesday -  Natalie came with me at 6 this morning (I was impressed she got up!) There wasn't a new purple V3 :( there was a green V4 but I didn't try it. Did 16 total today:
  • 1 V4 - White one again
  • 1 V4 attempt - a purple one in the OG sector over where the green one I liked used to be
  • 3 V3 sends - RedBlue, then Red again at the end.
  • 6 V2 sends 
  • 5 V1 sends
Then 20 minutes of stretching (on yoga blocks at 2 levels, 5 min each leg 2x)

Thursday - 1.5 mile walk around the neighborhood pulling P&K in the wagon, delivering some Easter gifts. Then 30 min of stretching (on yoga blocks at 3 levels, 5 min each leg, I'm down to the fat purple yoga block laying flat, not bad, working to get to the black block laying flat)

Friday - climbing with Lily after I picked her up from carpool. She did a few boulders, then she just belayed me for a few routes:
  • 1 V4 - White one 
  • 1 V3 attempt - white in OG
  • 3 V2 sends 
  • 2 V1 sends
  • 5.9 purple - easy
  • 5.10a purple - hard but I did it!
  • 5.10b black - stepped on a different color up near the end, I was tired
  • 5.10c white - I knew I wouldn't be able to get far since I was doing it at the end, and it had some two finger holds. I gave up before half way. Couldn't even hold on to the wall to rest I was so tired
Then for date night Corey and I went on a bike ride - exploring Parley's a little bit on the BST Granger Peak (Parley's Bench) side first (went until the trail was too muddy), then back down hill onto the paved bike path, over the freeway bridges to Parley's Pointe BST by the freeway, I think we barely made it up 1.6th of the trail. 5.82 miles total, 1 hour 2 minutes, 978 elevation. 

Saturday - 150 walking lunges during O&D's soccer games. 100 second hollow hold at home, 1 min center plank, then climbing at 9pm tonight. 24 total today:
  • 3 V4 attempts - yellow and green in OG, and white at the end of my session, couldn't do it!
  • 5 V3 sends - RedBlue, new Pink from Monday, then Red again at the end, and white V3 on north boulder, not a total clean send on that one but I'm counting it
  • 8 V3 attempts - 5 on the white V3 that I finally kinda sent, green blue yellow
  • 4 V2 sends 
  • 3 V1 sends
  • 1 V0

No comments:

Post a Comment