Monday, September 2, 2024

Sept 2 - 7

Monday - Rode the WOW trail in Midway. 20.21 miles, 2890 feet, 3 HOURS and 32 minutes IN THE SUN. I wasn't expecting the parking to be $10. Next time we'll go to Park City. But I'm glad we did this and checked it off. We started waaaay too late though - 10:30 by the time we were on the trail. I was dying in my long sleeved BLACK shirt. We didn't bring enough water for the 2+ hour climb. Still trying to smile though. Took a BeReal.

Corey's wearing a shirt his sister got for him, kinda goofy. I was thinking about water for most of the climb. We brought 3 small bottles but it was not enough for such a long climb in the sun. I missed the Little Cottonwood creek - if we were by there I could pause and get a drink, or I'd have been in shade and wouldn't be suffering like I was! I was praying to come across a stream. We came across a plastic water bottle that had a hole it in but was mostly full, I gratefully drank it and was able to continue on. Up near the top (2485 meters) we did come across a little cool stream and I drank and drank. Hooray for living water! (and hopefully we don't get giardia...) It was a matter of life and death, er... extreme thirst and dehydration. 

Tuesday - 3 chin ups

Wednesday - Morning walk, 3.24 miles, 56 minutes. 1.5 passes on the monkey bars. My palms can't take it. 
3PM - drove up LCC for a quick ride before taking O to trumpet - Grit Mill to Techy and back, 5.27 miles, 49 minutes, 2 achievements: 2nd place for Up Mile 2 - 1.01 miles 14:12, 3rd for LCC Road climb, .79 miles in 8:42 (PR was 8:21 11/17/23)

Thursday - lots of yardwork. Not doing good with stretching. 

Friday - Corner Canyon with Corey. Anns > Edelweiss > Rush, 7.20 miles, 58 min. Hyrum took carpool for me and got the kids off to school. So that is the good news: Hyrum making is possible for us to even could take a ride. The Bad news: He called right when I was coming down the funnest part of Rush and ruined my soundtrack and I had to stop to answer his call cause for some reason my headphones don't work for phone calls. So with that interruption my music was ruined and I only got 4 achievements cause I had to stop. It's ok, without his help I wouldn't have even been able to go. 

Saturday - Ride in Corner Canyon with Corey, Canyon Hollow > Brocks > Rush. 5.63 miles, 48 minues, 13 achievements - PR on Sustained Speed, Brocks and Rush. I learned that on Strava, the part I call "Mario Kart" is called Rush. Got a PR on that today - .38 in 1:34. I also learned today that the segment right after Mario Kart is called "Rush SPEED VROOOOOM BRRRRRRR" and I got a PR on that too, .42 in 1:34. I was bookin' it and had a big smile, that was really fun. Then lots of yard work, bulk clean up on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment