Monday, April 29, 2024

Apr 29 - May 4

Monday - Morning ride up LCC with Corey, and Joseph and Eliza came with us up to the 1st bridge. We started a bit later than planned, and I had to get back for a meeting, so we just went to Techy and back, 10.82 miles, 1 hour 30 minutes. woo. I got up the rocks AGAIN, and avalanche hill, and did the log in techy, snow was gone but things were still squishy, I'll get one of the techy rock piles next time! Also went bouldering around 2:30 since we didn't have violin today and I had Abi home to watch kids. I did 30:

  • 1 V4s - white one on south boulder
  • 7 V3 sends - 2 Black on South Boulder, Pink on North Boulder, 2x Red, White in OG, New Lavender on the North Boulder
  • 2 V3 attempts - new Lavender in OG
  • 9 V2 sends 
  • 2 V2 attempts - new Orange in the OG sector on the 45 wall
  • 9 V1s
Tuesday - A little hike down into Dimple Dell with Peter and Katharine. Also did the monkey bars, and held on with one hand for 10 seconds each hand! 

Wednesday - Corey and I morning ride at Corner Canyon! Up Canyon Hollow and down Rush, doing Rush the end twice. 6.83 miles, 1 hour 1 min, I got a silver achievement for Rush the end! 1:38, my PR gold for that was July 15, 2023 1:34. cool! Then went climbing at 8pm, did 6 top rope climbs. (CT = Corey first, then me):
  • CT Purple 5.10a
  • CT Red 5.10b
  • T Black 5.10a
  • CT black 5.10b
  • CT green 5.10a
  • CT Orange 5.10d
Thursday - Wonderful Wonderful flows this morning, yay. Bike ride with Corey and Katharine at 6:30 - took 1 hour 4 min to go to 3rd bridge. Then they headed home on the road and I turned on my strava (thought I already had...) and got 7.97 miles from there - so from 3rd bridge to Ruins, down techy (3rd place PR) and then dirty dirty sprint (got a PR gold on that!) then reverse fish tail. Strava just told me that this was my 300th activity, cool. 15 min stretching
 
Friday - Climbing with Corey at 9:45 pm, 
  • CT yellow  5.10a
  • CT red 5.10c
  • CT Green 5.10 c (d?) a new climb, people marking what they think it is
  • CT (I couldn’t do it!) purple 5.11 a? I'm interested to see what grade this one ends up being
  • C& T Green 5.10a
  • on Boulder - Black V3
Saturday - Bike ride in Corner Canyon with Corey and Rob, Corey and Rob biked out there from home, biked up Rocky Mouth then to BST all the way to CC from there! Impressive. I only knew how to get on BST from Hidden Valley. I drove out to Coyote Hollow and then down Rush the end, to BST until I met up with them. Corey did 15.14 miles, 2 hours 1 min, 26 achievements, like Gold for Fly by night to Rush. He also wiped out right at the beginning of rush and got a good rash on his left leg, ouch! Totals for me: 8.99 miles, 1 hour 16 min, 14 achievements, like Silver on Brocks (4.44, PR was 4:29 on 6/24/23) Rushing Corners (1:38, PR 1:28 on 11/13/23) Quite a few Silvers on the Rush downhill so that's cool! PR on Chainless Rush (from the Ghost Falls jump in to almost the end?) 3:29, Previous PR was 11/13/23 3:32, 21 efforts doing that. Also a PR for Lower Rush, .3 miles in 57 seconds, 65 efforts on that, so that's fun! After that Corey, Rob and I also went to the jump track and did a few rounds, I want to learn how to jump. I got air twice and it was terrifying but I'm glad I didn't fall! I don't know how you keep your feet on the bike? I might need clips for that so I can hold the bike to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment