Monday, April 30, 2012

May Challenge - FLEXIBILITY

This video AH-MAZED me!!!! 
(link there cause this new blogger format is bugging me, I can't embed videos anymore, help?)

Is that amazing or is that amazing?  Hello, wow.  That back bend at the beginning is awesome, and then did you see her do camel at 10:00.  Crazy flexibility, but I like how she said "It doesn't seem that crazy to me anymore" - we can get there little by little.  I also like how she said flexibility is like growing your hair, it's slow but you can also count on it and know that it will come with time. 

I've thought before that my fitness goals are not to be able to run a marathon or bench press whatever, maybe that will change with time, but as for now, I mostly just want to be able to move, I want to be able to keep touching my toes and picking up things off of the ground as I grow older, I plan on having the strength to carry around my grandkids someday and to go hiking or skiing with them and keep living as I grow older.  I want to feel as young as I can for as long as I can, so I want to be fit and flexible - This yoga lady has now become my flexibility hero and I'm taking up her on this flo test for this month and forever until I get to where she is at, it is awesome and amazing, I love it.  And I now proclaim that the beginning of this month of May we now have a challenge for ourselves, our May Challenge is to increase our flexibility.  Mark, set, go stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment