Thursday, December 19, 2013

Modified ZWOW 33

I broke out my trusty little Bodyrock/Zwow notebook and have done my 3rd workout this week since Natalie was born and I'm remembering why I love Zuzana's workouts. They are short and intense. I just did more in 14 minutes than I do in the total hour and a half time it takes for me to go to the Zumba classes. I like Zumba and it's fun, but I do get interrupted a lot by the little girls during it, and so I feel like I miss  most of the workout and so when I get back to the class I want to take it up a notch in intensity to catch up for what I just missed, but don't want to feel like a show off in front of the grandmas or other moms, so that part I don't like ~ I feel like it's got a low ROI. (Return on investment to use business terms). Sometimes I go into the hall and do a hand stand or something.

Anyway, the modified Zwow 33 just kicked me in the pants. I did it in Abi's room, she's home today with a fever so I missed Zumba. I did four rounds of the following:

  • 10 normal burpees (as in with push up)
  • 20 jump lunges
  • 10 pulse squat jumps (10 pulse squats followed by 1 jump = 1 rep)
  • 15 side plank leg lifts right side (side plank on hand, lift leg up and tap down on foot = 1 rep)
  • 15 side plank leg lifts left side 
My time was 7:08 for the first 2 rounds, took a breather to check if Natalie was still sleeping, then finished 2 more rounds in 6:41, so about 14 minutes and I'm good for the day, love HIIT workouts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment