Monday, July 10, 2023

Jul 10 - 15

Monday - Ride on the Big Mountain Trail at Snowbird! 

11 miles according to Corey's strava (mine said 10.6, so I don't know what's going on with that...) 2171 elevation gained, 2 hours 10 min, hit a max elevation of 10069. 

It was beautiful, a lot of work, and fun! 


Hit snow a few times and had to walk

This wood walkway was a bit intimidating!

It was about 10 feet high over rocks and at the edge of a cliff

Tuesday - Riding and exploring Albion Basin today. 
9.23 miles, 1713 ft elevation gain. 1 hour 48 min. Corey and I didn't even know that there was a campground up there) I followed Corey walking across a very icy patch of winter that was still on the trial. It was a bit scary! Glad we didn't die

Wednesday - Big Mountain Trail with Joseph. He hasn't been training for Olympics like Corey and me, so he went about 30 min and then called it good.
I went up to 10300 feet/3140 meters, almost to the top, the snow fields stopped me. 3.5 hour ride (even though Strava said 2 hours 40 min! Do we trust the mileage?...) Strava said 12.25, 2494 elevation gain. 14 achievements 
So gorgeous! This below was where Corey and I made it to yesterday. It's fun being on top of the world!
Thursday - Hike by myself from 6-7 am, cause Corey was going to take the kids on a ride, because I was going to have them the rest of the day (had to go down for trumpet lesson) but when I got back at 7 C was still in bed, not feeling well, so instead of a morning ride, I took them on a hike again to Blackjack Waterfall, which I had just discovered. 
It was steeper than I thought (I skipped the waterfall trail) but the kids did good, only 3 injuries (D fell and had a scratch, L got something stinging on her feet and O scuffed his knee too when we were almost back at the car). 

Friday - Big Mountain with Corey. We made it to the top of Gadzoom, then turned around to come back, and then Corey's bike was ghost pedaling and he had to sit down and pedal the whole ride down! Wasn't able to coast or stand on his bike. That would totally throw me off. I had a fun ride back down though. Too bad for him to do all that work to get to the top and then not be able to enjoy the fun ride down. There was one steep hill that he tried to climb at the end near Little Cloud, he's worried that might be where he broke something, so we'll see. 

Saturday - Checked out at Snowbird this morning. At 6pm I went to Draper temple for a session, then I went on a ride from 8:20-9:20. 6.2 miles in 59 minutes. I did Rush, then up and down Ghost Falls, then Rush down, and Rush The End 3x, it was so fun. got a PR on one of my rides down Rush the end, 1:34! My favorite part was on one of my 4 times doing Rush The End, listening to the chorus of Brand New by Ben Rector, "like I can fly!!!" and I was coming up to the big hill part "and I don't even think of touching the ground...." and the song kept going as I was doing the fun hills then "it's the way that I feel when I'm with you... (up to the top of the hill and...) BRAND NEW!" it was really fun and just perfect and I felt like a kid and was smiling and there was hardly any one else there! I came across 6 hikers, but no bikers. It was perfect and I loved it and sorry Corey for going without you (his bike is in the repair shop after Big Mountain yesterday). I timed a lap on Lower Rush before and it was 7-8 minutes, but according to Strava, I did two laps yesterday in 10:41, not bad!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment